Wednesday, June 2, 2010

An upset victory

Dear MoveOn member,

When I announced that I was taking on Senator Blanche Lincoln in the Democratic primary three months ago, none of the political insiders thought we had a chance.

But together, we've overcome incredible odds. And we're on the verge of victory next Tuesday.

Unlike my opponent, I could never have financed my campaign with huge checks from the Wall Street banks and big insurance companies. That kind of money doesn't go to a Democrat like me.

Instead, I turned to grassroots progressives like you. And you've responded generously, allowing us to wage a competitive campaign that's on the verge of turning the political establishment upside down.

But we've been outspent by more than two-to-one, and we urgently need more funds for our final get-out-the-vote operation. So with the special runoff election in just one week, I'm hoping I can count on your support one more time.

Raising $300,000 will only take 3 donations from folks in Inwood. Can you chip in?

https://pol.moveon.org/give/halter_runoff.html?aa=5&id=20827-10220574-8w_OkNx&t=1

I'm humbled to have you on my side. Thanks for all you do.

–Bill Halter


PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to eddie alfaro on June 2, 2010. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment