Tuesday, July 25, 2017

It starts with you, Eddie

We are not powerless. Will you start your own MoveOn petition on an issue that matters to you?

Help create a movement for change: Start a petition

Dear fellow MoveOn member,

I'm Patrick McHeffey, a MoveOn member from New York. When I first read that President Trump was considering withdrawing the U.S. from the Paris Climate Agreement, I was tempted to feel defeated; to feel powerless. How could the whims of one man be allowed to impact the world in so disastrous a manner?

But instead of giving up, I started my first petition on MoveOn.org to send an impassioned statement to our leaders and to the world that in spite of Trump's shortsighted decision, we can and will remain as committed as ever to mitigating climate change.

It turned out I wasn't the only one who felt that way: More than 500,000 people signed on to my petition in less than four days. And just a few days later, I personally delivered my petition signatures along with 2 million more to the United Nations, urging world leaders to move forward on climate action.

We are not powerless. We are not defeated. We can and will change the world.

Will you join me by creating your own MoveOn petition on an issue that matters to you? Click here to get started.

If you don't have any campaign experience ... don't worry! Getting started is easy.

After I created my petition, MoveOn gave me the support I needed to run my campaign. I used MoveOn's campaign tips and guides, emailed volunteers for help when needed, and sent important messages and updates to the other MoveOn members who signed my petition, organizing them to share the petition with their friends and family—and even start their own campaigns to take action on climate change.

Since I started my petition, MoveOn members in more than 36 states have started petitions calling on their governors to join the U.S. Climate Alliance and uphold the Paris Agreement at the state level. And we're still just getting started.

So don't feel defeated. Click here to start your own MoveOn petition today, and help create a movement for change.

Thanks for all you do.

—Patrick McHeffey, MoveOn member and petition creator

Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?

Yes, I'll chip in $5 a month.

No, I'm sorry, I can't make a monthly donation.

 

Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on July 25th, 2017. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment